In other words, 52 things in a year. Sound familiar? Probably because I did the same thing to kick off the new year in 2015.
I’ve included my list below and will be sharing updates as I go. My list will be updated on my 2017 “52 Things in 52 Weeks” page. And you should let me know if you’re doing anything similar this year — I’d love to follow along!
- Get a massage.
- Take an aromatherapy bath.
- Unplug completely for 24 hours.
- Practice daily yoga for a month.
- Run a sub-30 5K.
- Run a sub-hour 10K.
- Make sure to get 8 hours of sleep every night for a week.
- Try a month of Meatless Mondays.
- Eat VB6 for a week.
- Move my weekday waking time to 6 AM.
- Stop pressing “snooze”.
- Keep a gratitude journal for a month.
- Develop a meditation practice.
- Complete the Tone It Up Bikini Series.
- Floss daily.
- Throw a dinner party.
- Host a brunch.
- Visit five new cities.
- Cook my way through a cookbook (Julie and Julia-style).
- Take a trip with my sister.
- Take a trip with my immediate family.
- Take a trip with my boyfriend.
- Create a “best of” city guide for Atlanta.
- Create a few playlists (for wake-up, yoga, and dinner prep).
- Bake something from scratch just because.
- Have a guest post on the blog.
- Finish watching all of the movies in Dad’s “must see” box.
- Fill a sketchbook with original work.
- Frame and display a piece of my own art.
- Read 52 books.
- Watch 10 documentaries.
- Complete Duolingo’s Italian lessons.
- Master a headstand.
- Take an art class.
- Take a cooking class.
- Try ten new foods.
- Buy something fresh at the local farmer’s market.
- Try a CSA.
- Learn how to use chopsticks.
- Complete a month without shopping.
- Complete a month without eating out.
- Make three new friends.
- Grow some of my food at home.
- Perform a full-apartment clean-up/reorganization.
- Update digital security (passwords, accounts).
- Back up everything (computer/phone/etc.).
- Update professional portfolio, head shot, etc.
- Deep clean my apartment once a month.
- Put together a go-to recipe book.
- Frame my nerdy sloth print.
- Reorganize personal filing system.
- Create a habit of putting away clothes and shoes ASAP.
Let’s do this!