Happy Valentine’s Day! Tonight I’m going to stuff my face full of pizza with my boyfriend and I’m not going to work out, so it’s going to be special. Hope yours is too!
My sister and I have been celebrating Galentine’s Day since way before Parks and Rec made Galentine’s Day a thing. I guess that’s what happens when you have a built-in best friend and you’ve been each other’s first place valentine for forever. Every year we get together and celebrate. This year, we did it with an at-home spa night.
We started with some Mediterranean food, followed that with ice cream and cookies, and then did it up right with a DIY facial routine. Typically we keep it simple with whatever mask we have on hand, but this time we got a little fancy.
- First, we cleaned! We made sure our skin was free and clear of any makeup, sweat, etc.
- And exfoliated. Pretty self-explanatory.
- Then, we steamed. We filled a small pot with water and a few drops of lavender oil. We brought it nearly to a boil and took turns standing above the steam.
- On go the masks! My sister went with this primrose oil mud mask and I used this sea mineral mud mask. My mask made my face completely blue, so it won in the fun department.
- Rinse and hydrate. Once the masks were off, we smoothed on a light night cream. Then it was on to the chick flicks!