In other words, 52 things in a year. Sound familiar? Probably because I did the same thing to kick off the new year in 2015.
I’ve included my list below and will be sharing updates as I go. Items that I have accomplished will be crossed off the list (
like this). If I’ve posted about the list item, I will include a link to the specific post. Here we go!
- Get a massage.
- Take an aromatherapy bath.
- Unplug completely for 24 hours.
- Practice daily yoga for a month.
- Run a sub-30 5K.
- Run a sub-hour 10K.
- Make sure to get 8 hours of sleep every night for a week.
- Try a month of Meatless Mondays.
- Eat VB6 for a week.
- Move my weekday waking time to 6 AM.
- Stop pressing “snooze”.
- Keep a gratitude journal for a month.
- Develop a meditation practice.
- Complete the Tone It Up Bikini Series.
- Floss daily.
- Throw a dinner party.
- Host a brunch.
- Visit five new cities.
- Cook my way through a cookbook (Julie and Julia-style).
- Take a trip with my sister.
Take a trip with my immediate family.(We took a trip to the mountains!)
- Take a trip with my boyfriend.
- Create a “best of” city guide for Atlanta.
- Create a few playlists (for wake-up, yoga, and dinner prep).
- Bake something from scratch just because.
- Have a guest post on the blog.
- Finish watching all of the movies in Dad’s “must see” box.
- Fill a sketchbook with original work.
- Frame and display a piece of my own art.
- Read 52 books.
(1. This is Happening: Redesigning Mindfulness for Our Very Modern Lives by Rohan Gunatillake, 2. Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage by Elizabeth Gilbert, 3. My Life in France by Julia Child and Alex Prud’homme, 4. The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living by Meik Wiking, 5. The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World by Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu, and Douglas Carlton Abrams)
- Watch 10 documentaries.
(1. That Sugar Film, 2. Small Is Beautiful: A Tiny House Documentary)
- Complete Duolingo’s Italian lessons.
- Master a headstand.
- Take an art class.
Take a cooking class.
- Try ten new foods. (1. Zoodles, 2. Homemade sweet potato fries)
- Buy something fresh at the local farmer’s market.
- Try a CSA.
- Learn how to use chopsticks.
- Complete a month without shopping.
- Complete a month without eating out.
- Make three new friends.
- Grow some of my food at home.
- Perform a full-apartment clean-up/reorganization.
- Update digital security (passwords, accounts).
Back up everything (computer/phone/etc.).
- Update professional portfolio, head shot, etc.
- Deep clean my apartment once a month.
- Put together a go-to recipe book.
- Frame my nerdy sloth print.
- Reorganize personal filing system.
- Create a habit of putting away clothes and shoes ASAP.
Let’s do this!